Welcome to the online area of His Master's Student Council 2009-2011.
The current Student Council is greatly different from previous “School” Councils. After implementing many of the suggestions present in the Student Council Constitution of 2008, we have become more student-focused, more time-efficient and more successful as a result. For news on these successes, please open one of the newsletters below.
A number of the successes that we have made this year include:
1. Interviewing prospective members of staff
2. Advertising and aiding in fund-raising for Children in Need, Stoke Mandeville Spinal Unit and Sport Relief
3. Creating the Eco Schools Project
4. Lobbying to get the back gate open for pupils in the morning
5. Providing numerous participation experiences
6. Getting a commitment to new seating and redecoration of the Sixth Form Common Room
7. Getting commitments to new lockers (which may potentially feature locks) in September 2010
8. Aiding Mr. Hedley in the revision of the School Anti-Bullying policy
9. Further cementing the norm of teachers setting homework on the timetabled day
10. Getting the bottom entrance to the Longdon Courts open, promoting the health and safety of Students as this is a fire exit.
11. Sending representatives to the School Nutritional Action Group
The Student Council also serves an important communicative feature. We have alerted the school on numerous occasions about important developments, such as the hosting of the UK Youth Parliament elections.
The elected officers of the Student Council are:
Abiodun Michael Olatokun, President of the Student Council
Hassan Hafiz, Vice-Chairman of the Student Council
Andrew Jennings, Secretary of the Student Council
These three members constitute the Executive Branch, and work hard to ensure that your voice is heard.